Season 2, Episode 1: Banana Bodies and Bum Hips
Welcome back to season 2 of The Call Up.
Much has transpired since our last episode of Season 1, all way back in February.
Maria became the first woman to represent Ireland at the elite World Championships in Valkenburg. What she's been up to since then, who can say? She's keeping a lid on her plans for the season at the moment, probably to intimidate competitors. Gotta keep 'em guessing.
Kelsey has been racing the hell out of the midwestern crit scene for the past six months, creating and perfecting the double ice sock for those 200% humidity days, and also overcame a rabies scare in Barrington (more details on the next episode).
Daphne has been crushing road season all over the country with The Meteor // Intelligentsia. After a brief mountain biking respite in Colorado, she capped it all off with a number of excellent finishes at Gateway Cup and a boatload of prime cash.
Annicka had hip surgery and is following the Courtenay McFadden recovery plan to a tee, leaving her more time for podding. We really need to make this season work you guys. Annicka's future depends on it.
And that brings us to September. The pod got together in Annicka's creepy basement to discuss the upcoming season:
- Relay Cross
- UCI updates to cyclocross rules, as documented by In the Crosshairs
- The insanely exciting World Cup XCO showdown at La Bresse
- Early season stateside racing
- The fact that Marianne Vos will be racing at Trek CX Cup
- Roadie Corner update from Daphne, who skyped in from the flatulent peaks of Nederland, CO
- Changes to the format of The Call Up this season, including race interviews and photos
Have something you'd like to say or talk about in our next episode? Let us know at TheCallUpPod@gmail.com, or find Annicka at the race.